You’re a product manager and would like to become an even better one?
You lead a product team and are looking for fresh stimulus for your employee development?
In that case, the “52questions” are ideal for you: a deck of cards with 52 questions ranging from simple to philosophical – all geared towards effective self-coaching.
How best to use the card deck
- If you’re a product manager you can pick a card every morning and take 15 minutes to think about the question. You will see more clearly and your actions will be more considered as a result.
- Team up with a colleague to form a learning group: each of you answers the question for yourself and then presents your answer to the other. Of course, the other person then gives their feedback on the answer.
- Take one of the subject areas (e.g. Get it done) and then work specifically on enhancing your strengths in this area.
- As Head of Product or Team Lead, you can make use of the cards in your 1o1s. You could begin the conversation, for instance, by placing a card on the table and then explaining why the question on this card is important for that day’s meeting.
- As an Agile Coach/Scrum Master, you can use the cards as a way of supporting the product manager by asking them smart, relevant questions.
How the card deck is organized
The cards are clustered into different subject areas, each denoted by a different colour. There are at least 6 questions in each subject area. These categories are:
- Understand the Problem
- Find a Solution
- Do some Planning
- Get it done (Implementation)
- Listen & Learn (Optimization)
- All forces united (Team)
- Grow! (Personal)
- Listen & Learn: What would happen if you doubled the price of your product tomorrow? How would the product have to change in order to justify this price?
- Get it done: Where was the chaos this week? Where can I tolerate chaos? Where have I prevented chaos?
What the first fans are saying
“My perfect workout on a morning: I take one card a day and then just write my thoughts down in response to the question. It’s fun and always gives me a little kick up the backside as PO.” Jennifer Heitzmann, eSailors
“I use the card set to prepare for my 1o1s with the product managers. It reassures me that I haven’t neglected any topic areas.” Konradin Breyer, Freeletics
How to order
Currently out of stock. Back in stock end of May. Do you want an update once they are back? Join our waitlist!
Just send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the number of decks you want to order, the desired language and your adress details.
1 card deck DE or EN = € 35.95
5 card decks DE or EN á € 34.95 = € 174,75 (€ -5)
10 card decks DEor EN á € 32.95 = € 329,50 (€ -30)
Please note: the prices quoted above are net prices. Shipping is within Germany, shipping costs are included. Delivery abroad is available on request. Payment should be made in advance to IBAN: DE58672300004012514855. An invoice will be sent by email. Further information regarding terms and conditions (refunds, etc.) can be requested by email.
Many thanks to all those who have contributed to the development of this deck of cards:
- Design: Kirsten Lehm
- Translation & proofreading: Monika Schwenk & Robert Smales
- Feedback on the prototype: Thomas Kern, David Stemberger, Andree Wille, Jörg Leisenberg, Chris Murach